By Jan Kyrre Berg Olsen,Stig Andur Pedersen,Vincent F. Hendricks
- Presents the 1st whole, authoritative reference paintings within the field
- Organized thematically to be used either as a whole advent to the sphere or an encyclopedic reference
- Draws on unique essays from prime interdisciplinary scholars
- Features the main up to date and leading edge study within the interdisciplinary fields of philosophy, know-how, and their broader highbrow environments
Read Online or Download A Companion to the Philosophy of Technology (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) PDF
Best history of technology & engineering books
This day on virtually each table in each place of work sits a working laptop or computer. 80 years in the past, pcs have been built with a nonelectronic information processing desktop: a card dossier. In Paper Machines, Markus Krajewski lines the evolution of this proto-computer of rearrangeable components (file playing cards) that grew to become ubiquitous in places of work among the realm wars.
From Blaise Pascal within the 1600s to Charles Babbage within the first 1/2 the 19th century, inventors struggled to create the 1st calculating machines. All failed—but that doesn't suggest we can't examine from the path of rules, correspondence, machines, and arguments they left behind. In Reckoning with topic, Matthew L.
Freud could by no means have set foot in Cambridge - that hub for the 20th century's such a lot influential thinkers and scientists - yet his highbrow effect there within the years among the 2 global Wars used to be massive. this can be a tale that has lengthy languished untold, buried below diversified money owed of the dissemination of psychoanalysis.
Within the Nineteen Eighties, there has been a revolution with far-reaching outcomes -- a revolution to revive software program freedom. within the early Eighties, after many years of constructing resource code to be had with courses, such a lot programmers ceased sharing code freely. A band of revolutionaries, self-described "hackers," challenged this new norm by means of development working platforms with resource code that may be freely shared.
- MACHINES THAT MADE HISTORY: Landmarks in Mechanical Engineering: Digital Student Edition
- Scituate Reservoir, The (Images of America)
- God and Reason in the Middle Ages
- Chariots for Apollo: The NASA History of Manned Lunar Spacecraft to 1969 (Dover Books on Astronomy)
- Miles and Miles of Texas: 100 Years of the Texas Highway Department
Additional info for A Companion to the Philosophy of Technology (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy)
A Companion to the Philosophy of Technology (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) by Jan Kyrre Berg Olsen,Stig Andur Pedersen,Vincent F. Hendricks